The Build Up program introduces preschool children to Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths.(STEM) in a fun and playful manner. Children learn to ‘think like engineers’ by building motorized machines using LEGO® Technique pieces, motors and batteries. More importantly, they learn important problem solving and critical thinking skills as they build together with their parents and each other.
Ages: 4-6 (older 3 year kinder, 4 year kinder, Prep)
Average lesson duration: 75 minutesProgram Subjects:
Powers and principles in physics: Force, energy, motion, work and more.
3D Design Thinking and Challenges: Children solve engineering problems and challenges while modifying and improving their models.
Build and Play: Children build and play with their own creations. Every term we have a new theme – Make a toy, Make a vehicle or Make a machine
The session follows the Learn-Build-Collaborate Format.
- Learn – the STEM concept is explained
- Build – Children build a LEGO® model. Parents act as mentors, guiding and supporting the Build process
- Collaborate – Children play together with their models, communicating and interacting with peers.
- Engineering and Mechanics
- Problem solving and team work
- Fine motor skills
- Communication and collaboration
- Self Esteem and Self confidence