Young Engineers Melbourne South Incursions
We visit primary schools and 4 year kinders around Melbourne to teach children STEM principles in the classroom!
What we offer:
- Hands on Robotics, Mechanical and Software Engineering
- Thoroughly researched, tried-and-tested lesson plans.
- 3P pedagogy – Problem-based, Project based and Product based teaching method
- Close alignment with the Victorian curriculum.
- Incorporated Problem solving, teamwork and critical thinking skills in the lessons
- Science and maths application in each workshop
- 90 minutes sessions for a batch of 20-25 children (one classroom).
- Can cover students from prep to year 6.
- Run 2 or 3 sessions a day for different classrooms.
- We welcome school teacher participation.
- Children work in pairs and build together with one model per pair.
Our sessions follow the Learn-Build-Imagine-Experiment Format.
- Learn – the STEM concepts through stories and anecdotes
- Build – a Lego model that applies the concept in practice.
- Imagine – design solutions that test the STEM concept further
- Experiment – and play with the model to develop positive association with science.