Circular Motion – With Pirate Ships
Amusement Park – Lesson 1
Young Engineers Term 2 started off with a blast! Around 60 children came together in the first week at our 5 different session to learn science while having lots of fun!
- Stable and Unstable Structures
- Circular Motion
- How force and motion are inter-related
- How distance and speed are inter-related in motion.
Problems We Solved:
- How can you make your ride safer? (Making the axle length longer – but within limits)
- How can you make your ride faster? (Making the length shorter)
- How can you prevent the ride from slipping during operation? (Add weights, or just operate it on the carpet!
- Ask your Young Engineer – If the circle increases what happens to the circular motion (It slows down due to the increasing diameter)
- Watch this awesome video together – Link here
Coming Up Next Week:
A simple machine that can lift the planet!
(We will be doing a detailed discussion on Levers, how they work and the maths behind them!)